Yankee Pot Roast Dinner WW

Find more Slow Cooker Thursday recipes here: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
SlowCookerThurs

Yankee Pot Roast Dinner
Weight Watchers

2.5 lbs boneless bottom round roast, trimmed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 lg onions, sliced
1 3/4 cups water
1 1/2 tbsps balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 (1oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
1 3/4 lbs red potatoes, quartered
1 lb baby carrots
fresh thyme sprigs for garnish, optional

This recipe was not originally a slow cooker recipe, but I made it this way:
Brown the outside of the roast in a skillet. Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients, I place potatoes first so that they will by toward the bottom. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serving size: 2 slices beef, 1 cup veggies, 1/4 broth
Points: 6

Be sure to check out my VBS Mondays, Slow Cooker Thursdays, and Frugal Fridays!
far3
*+*+*+* Psalms 73:25, 26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds good. My family is not a fan of Pot Roast but I think it's mainly because I cannot make it. I think I'll try this recipe and see how they like it. I bet it's moist having been made in the crockpot.

Lorie said...

This looks so good! I am making roast on Monday and using this recipe. Thanks for posting.

Sandra said...

This looks great, thank you for sharing.

Renee said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/